The resistance training exercise is a vital part of your upper body strength. And it would not give you giant, over-sized, bulging muscles, unlike what certain people may tell you.
Also, working out muscles in your arms, back, chest, and shoulders on a regular basis is crucial. It helps to maintain your upper body strength and shaping your muscles. And do you know the greatest part? You can execute resistance exercise at your own home. Here in this article, we will discuss 10 best exercises that will strengthen your upper body in 7 days.
According to former American President John F. Kennedy, ” Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.”Sport at the New Frontier: The Soft American”. Sports Illustrated Vol. 13, Issue 26, (pp. 14-17), December 26, 1960.
Best Upper Body Strength Workout Exercises
Here are some of the best upper body exercises to help build your upper body strength within 7 days. You can do these upper body workout exercises anywhere and at any time. Moreover, If you are avoiding gym workout, you can also get the best workout videos to burn your calories.
Clap push-up is among the best upper body exercises. An individual can try this to build strength for their upper body. Clap push-up can greatly boost muscle power, strength, and awareness of the body.
- Do the next four movements back to back (15 seconds of shaking your arms is what you are permitted to do) and have a good rest at the end.
- Go into a press-up position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your back straight.
- Get lower till your chest nearly reaches the floor, then push it up rapidly, clap your hands before you go right to another push-up.
Decline push-up is among the innovative variation of the simple push-up for upper-body workout exercises. It raises the complexity slightly by putting your legs higher than your hands. You can easily build your upper body strength by bringing this exercise to your upper body workout routine is a good alternative to a simple push-up. It helps strengthen the upper chest muscles.
- Put your feet on a bench with your hands on the ground.
- Take your body down to the point where your chest nearly touches the ground.
- Push your body back to the beginning position while trying to squeeze your chest.
- Take a short pause at the top before repeating this workout.
If you don’t have a bench you can do that with stairs or any table at your home.
Narrow Push up
The narrow push-up is yet another modification of the regular push-up and a great exercise to boost upper body strength. But it is typically harder. It reduces the distance between the hands, which means that the muscles of the arm have to work harder. It strengthens the triceps and chest muscles.
- Go into the position of the plank.
- Place your hands pretty close together and beneath your chest.
- Do the same method as the regular push-up for lowering and elevating the body while tightening the base and the buttocks.
- The elbows should bend back into the body like the arms bend and straighten.
The Triceps Push-Up is an upgraded edition of the regular push-up. It is among the popular upper body workout exercises. But it is more complicated. It is highly important to get bombastic upper body strength.
- Start with an elevated plank posture with your hands directly beneath your shoulders, and your neck relaxed.
- Take your chest to the floor, maintaining your elbows close to the rib cage.
- Drop to the knees to make it simpler, but keep the base tight and maintain a straight line from the shoulders to the hips.
- For an additional challenge, lower smoothly for 3 counts, then push back to 1 count.
Push Back Push-Up
Push back push-up is an extraordinary workout to boost your upper body strength in a week. It focuses mainly on the shoulders abs, chest, middle back, and triceps.
- Start with an elevated plank posture, wrists underneath the shoulders and feet wider than hip-width apart.
- Lower down to the push-up.
- Press into your hands to send your hips back, bend your knees wide (like a kneeling position), then lift hips up to the downward dog’s posture.
- Ensure your head is placed between the shoulders, the upper arms should be soft outside the ears and elbows.
- Move forward back to the starting position of the high plank and repeat.
Side-Lying Triceps Push-Up
It is also a great upper body workout exercise that will give a solid upper body strength.
- Lie down on your side with your knees mildly bent.
- Put your right arm across the chest and put your hand palm of the left arm on the ground.
- Push through your left-hand palm until your triceps are completely stretched.
- Then gently lower back to the starting place. Repeat.
Pike push-up is among the best upper body exercises to maintain triceps, back, and core.
- Start with an elevated plank posture with hands beneath shoulders and base tight.
- Move on with feet and lift your hips up so you are in a pike posture, with hands straight in line with shoulders.
- Perform a push-up until your head almost touches the ground and then move back up to pike. Repeat.
Table Biceps Hold
This is a clever upper body workout to get the biceps activated.
- Start with feet just below hips and position both hands flat under a heavy table with palms faced upwards.
- Hold elbows near sides, at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Push palms upward and pulses against the floor, holding your body focused and straight back.
Squat Jack is one of the best upper body exercises to strengthen your upper body within a week.
- Stand at sides with feet under hips and arms.
- Jump feet apart and bring hips back to squat with feet bit broader than hip-width apart and arms in front of the chest.
- Jump rapidly back into the beginning position with feet together under hips and hands at sides. Repeat.
Dips for Triceps
Here is another amazing upper body workout.
- Start with hands on a solid chair or table right beneath your shoulders with fingertips pointing to your body.
- Widen your legs forward, holding your toes bent upwards and heels on the surface.
- Gradually flex elbows to lower butt for 3 counts onto the floor, then move quickly back up for 1 count. Keep repeating.
- To make it easier, put your feet nearer to the chair and apply a little bend to your knees.
Resistance training and upper body strength exercises have a lot of health benefits for all age groups. One study showed that muscular strength can be improved in children by participating in a strength training program twice per week. Another study indicated that strength training boosts gastrointestinal transit both in middle-aged and older males.
Liked the article? Another interesting worth reading article is how to prevent weight gain at home during COVID-19 pandemic.